Croatian, Social, Network, Croatia, Forum, Hrvatska, Travel, Food, Wine, Politics, Religion
Search
HomeHomeLifestyle - Nač...Lifestyle - Nač...Food and DrinkFood and DrinkDjedDjed's Moonshine Rakija
Previous

Next
New Post
8/8/2010 2:33 PM

My Djed makes the best homemade moonshine.  He just made some in his backyard (legal for home use, not sale) and brought some over to me.  I am almost through the jug he brought and looking for a refill.  Can anyone give me a lesson on making Croatian Rakija in the backyard?  If I could make my own I would be so awesome ;-)

Hrvatski Ponos!

New Post
8/9/2010 11:47 AM

Justin Jovic wrote:
My Djed makes the best homemade moonshine.  He just made some in his backyard (legal for home use, not sale) and brought some over to me.  I am almost through the jug he brought and looking for a refill.  Can anyone give me a lesson on making Croatian Rakija in the backyard?  If I could make my own I would be so awesome ;-)

Justin, your dedo may be able to explain how he does it. If you need help in croatian to english translation mom and I can help.

Live and let Live

New Post
8/9/2010 1:58 PM

Sounds good Dad. Thanks. PS if anyone else has their own techniques they want to share just reply here.

Hrvatski Ponos!

New Post
8/17/2010 7:43 PM

I have a hobby to made croatian wiskey [ Rakija ]. we made distillation of grape and after that proces we put in small glass botles together with  forest fruits like blackberry, raspberries or some forest plants like mint [ metvica ] , lavanda, lady pan,...  When you do that  close the botle and put in dark and cold place for a few month. You need to combinate of fruits and herbs to getting better taste of Rakija. And that kind of combination is unique for each manufacturer... So you need to find out your own recipe

New Post
8/19/2010 10:35 PM

Im starting to run out of rakija. I need some good home made rakija... what can I do?

Hrvatski Ponos!

New Post
11/6/2011 5:50 PM

Here is a youtube video showing some old timers making Rakija. Enjoy. 

Hrvatski Ponos!

New Post
10/4/2013 10:23 AM

I don't think this guy with a copper boiler has any problems with excise:-)

http://slivovitz.tastebrandy.com/exci...

Previous

Next
HomeHomeLifestyle - Nač...Lifestyle - Nač...Food and DrinkFood and DrinkDjedDjed's Moonshine Rakija