is a dinnertime
up and down the coast. You can use any type of fish but it's
way to prepare stronger-flavoured fish such as grouper or
thin filets and don't be afraid to mix fish.
1 kg. mixed fish
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
4 large cloves garlic, minced
1 cup tomato purée mixed with 1/2 cup water
2 tblsp wine vinegar
1 tblsp Vegeta*
2 tblsp chopped parsley
salt & pepper to taste
- Cut fish into equal size chunks and flour lightly.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and quickly fry
on all sides.
- Remove the fish and reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the onion and fry until soft.
- Add the tomato mixture and the garlic and simmer for 10
- Add the vinegar mixture, the fish, Vegeta and parsley and
medium heat without stirring until the fish is done (about
Serve with chunks of polenta.